It is vital to remember that rotary airlocks are essential aspects for material handling system, especially for special materials.
You should remember that air lock valves are common in industrial and agricultural applications.
We can also call them rotary valves or feeders, and used in different aspects. When you have a solid material or bulk discharge, you should place them on cyclones, bins, hoppers and receivers.
To ensure a proper discharge of materials, it is important to have pressure pneumatic conveying and vacuum-driven pneumatic conveying systems in combination with airlock valves.
You can find numerous components within a single valve including housing, packing seals, bearings, rotor shaft and head plats. Each components comes with large vane, which means you should use a specific technique to weld it.
The most common techniques include internal combustion engine or electric motors to hold them for welding, which is another important consideration to remember.
Numerous industries are using them including granules, pellets, flowing powders that are dry free. You should know that a term rotary valve means a compact device used to discharge bulk granules by using gravity flow.
These rotaries come with one moving part compared with other machines. Still, they use multi-van rotors to get in close contact with inlet on the housing.
If you wish to regulate flow of liquids, you should add a rotary valve because they can help you rotate passages in transverse plugs.
It is vital to remember that these machines are simple and operate by using gravity force. Still, they can with numerous functionalities. For instance, they can work as explosion barrier under a bound.
They also function as flame barriers because they have dual functionality such as barriers and isolators. As a result, you will get a control over product flow rate by choosing variable or fixed depending on your preferences.
You should always maintain a gas pressure between outlet and inlet to ensure the best course of action.
As soon as you click here, you will learn everything about rotary valve that will help you decide the best course of action.
Different Types of Rotary Valves
As mentioned above, another name for airlock valves are rotary valves. The general use of them functions as a separator between high and low pressure areas.
At the same time, the general application comes in form of flow control application, dust control and pneumatic conveying. We can differentiate various types of rotary valves that you can find on the market depending on their purpose and capacities.
Most common options are:
- Drop Through – These options come in square or round shape. In some situations, they can be bulky, which means a material will stay the same.
- Blow-Thru Valves – It is one of the best options that comes with particular design that will help you deal with numerous pneumatic applications for conveying. These lines are perfect for discharging. In some cases, free flowing materials come with cleaning vane pockets that come with rotor.
- Standard Duty – When it comes to heavy-duty airlocks, you should know they are perfect for dealing with significant valves and other aspects that will provide you peace of mind.
Remember that if you wish to reach highest productivity possible, it is important to use the one that comes with robust design. The best ones come with minimized shaft diameters and separate outer bearings, which are important for deflection.
At the same time, it is vital to keep the rotor sides and tips which will provide you a chance to deal with various applications.
You can find the one that come with different applications for various purposes. Therefore, you should determine the best course of action by choosing the best model on the market. Some models include:
- Jet filter
At the same time, the bulk solid varieties exist and come with various features such as:
Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOlotxOGmU to understand more about rotary valves.
How to Choose Rotary Valves?
Since they will control a powder flow, you should know that they come with crucial points within the machinery or plants. Keep in mind they are safe, which means they can act as process isolators and flame barriers.
Still, you should choose the perfect vale based on the pipeline dimensions. Therefore, you should consider a few factors that will help you choose with ease including temperature, pressure, size, type and other essential features you should consider.
- Different Types – You can find wide array of variations including the ones mentioned above. Therefore, you should pressure inside the inlet, which means that outlet sides should produce flow. At the same time, cyclone and airlocks are great for controlling rate, which is important factor to remember. The next one include airlock feeders that will come with all features in one.
- Size – After choosing a type, you should consider size. While determining the size, you should check out flag size and volumetric capacity. At the same time, the size comes with separate perspective that will offer you the high effects of the valve. The best option is to get a durable pressure option.
You should consider other characteristics as well including modifications, performance and options, which will provide you peace of mind.
When choosing the best rotary valve, you should consider a few things mentioned above. The main goal is to determine the right application, which will help you out with the process.